Dr. Mamadou D. Seck received his PhD degree from the Paul Cezanne University of Marseille and his MS and M.Eng Degrees from Polytech’ Marseille, France. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Systems Engineering section at the Technology, Policy, and Management department of Delft University of Technology. His research interests include modeling and simulation formalisms, dynamic data driven simulation, human behavior representation and social simulation, and agent directed simulation.
Core Research Areas
- Discrete Event Modeling and Simulation (the DEVS formalism and its extensions)
- Theory of Modeling and Simulation
- Formalisms (Discrete event, discrete time, hybrid)
- Methodology (Modeling techniques, Experimental frameworks, Validation)
- Conceptual Modeling
- Extended Research Areas
- Human Behavior Representations and Cognitive modeling.
- Social Simulation
- Simulation in Logistics and Manufacturing